With the game of Grand Tour Fantasy you'll become manager of several teams during the race. For each "week" (distinguished by rest days) you'll put together your own team with riders of whom you think will perform the best in the Tour de France. If a rider from your team performs well, you'll score points!
- The deadline for submitting the predictions for the first week is Friday 1 July 2022 @ 16:00, the second week is Tuesday 12 July 2022 @ 13:40 and the third week is Tuesday 19 July 2022 @ 12:40;
- For every "week" (distinguished by rest days) you'll put together a team of 8 riders of which 1 captain;
- You can only select a rider once;
- The team of the first "week" only scores points in the stages until the first rest day, the team of the second "week" scores only points in the stages between the first and second rest day and the team in the last "week" only scores pits in the remaining stages after the second day of rest.
- During the rest days you can adjust your team of riders for the coming week "week";
- A pool takes part in the pool ranking when it has 3 participants or more (otherwise 0 points), in addition, the points are calculated based on the average of the best 3 from the pool;
- The team time trial does not count towards the game. Also, no points can be earned that day with the various jerseys;
- If a rider becomes involved in doping problems, all points earned by the rider will be swwcanceled. This also applies if the doping perils arose before the race and also if the discredited rider voluntarily leaves the race. In case anybody doubts the application of this rule, the game organiser decides, whereby a well-considered decision will be made. In such a case, the results of all other riders remain unchanged (and will not be postponed due to the loss of a rider);
- Disqualifications after the end of the round are not included in the outcome of the fantasy;
- If there there's a valid reason, the fantasy host may decide to cancel a stage;
- In the jerseys, the points go to the leader in the relevant classification (yellow: general classification, green: points classification, dots: mountain classification, white: youth classification). These points are scored immediately after a stage. Scored points for a day jersey will remain standing if the rider concerned can no longer start the following day (excluding doping cases);
- After the last stage, no day points will be awarded to the yellow, green, polka dot and white jersey. However, the points for the final results for the jerseys will be awarded;
- All results are verified with the official website of the race;
- When the rules do not offer a clear solution, the fantasy host decides;
- Rankings will be calculated as soon a stage is finished and may take up to 2 hours.